A rare opportunity to own a FULLY RESTORED ’78 MGB with only 6k miles on restoration.
This is a NEW MGB!
- $20,000 spent on restoration in late ‘90s
- Dry storage past 18 years
- 6k miles on restoration
In late ‘90s, a physician from Rutherfordton, NC at the foothills of western NC mountains commissioned the restoration of this ’78 MGB with no expense spared. Advised $20k spent on restoration in late 90s. The car was completely disassembled with the body receiving a concours paint in Mineral (Tahiti) Blue and exquisite panel fitup.
EVERYTHING THAT WAS REASSEMBLED TO THE CAR WAS NEW!
Every part, nut and bolt I’ve inspected appears new at the restoration.
I have owned, serviced and restored British sports cars for almost 50 years. I drove an MGA in high school in the early ‘70s and still have one today. I restored a ’54 MGTF ground up. Over 50 years and many dozens of LBCs I’ve never had a car to a repair shop – I do everything (OK not paint!) I know these cars as well as anyone and can attest that this ’78 MGB is the most amazing 1975+ MGB I’ve ever seen, driven or owned. Easily 1 out of 1000 cars.
- 1.8L engine with 4 speed manual transmission.
- NEW Leather seats by Moss Motors
- NEW Moss Motors interior carpet with premium molded trunk carpet with MG tire cover
- NEW ECCO fuel pump, gas tank and fuel sender
- NEW matching tires with beautiful correct Rostyle wheels.
- Oil pressure 75 psi (excellent)
The Tahiti Blue exterior is complimented by a correct black interior featuring Moss LEATHER SEATS and new carpet by Moss Motors.. The trunk features the premium MOLDED MOSS carpet set. Every detail I’ve inspected is complete and as new.
A once in a lifetime opportunity to own basically a NEW 1978 MGB in Tahiti Blue.
Location: Matthews, North Carolina, United States
See listing: 1978 MG MGB Full Restoration (from September 21, 2020)