1964 New York World’s Fair Ford Thunderbird Convertible – “Magic Skyway Thunderbird”
- This is the Thunderbird used in the 1964 World’s Fair Magic Skyway ride in New York
- This T-Bird #73 and #70 are the only Magic Skyway Thunderbirds known to still exist
- Many celebrities rode the Magic Skyway including Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Jackie Robinson
- First model year of the fourth generation, one of the very first “Flair Birds” #73
- Sold new at the “A” lot at Ford in Dearborn, which was a resale lot for company cars
- Displayed at the AACA Museum in Hersey, Pennsylvania
- Original 390 CID V-8 engine (code FE) that produces 300 hp!
- Cruise-O-Matic MX three-speed automatic transmission (code 4) and 3.00 gearing (code 1)
- Correct Prairie Tan (code G) and Palomino vinyl (code 59) with white, power-folding canvas top
- Select-Aire air-conditioning, power steering, power brakes and power windows
- Swing-Away steering wheel
- Plenty of originality, original taillights, original trim and T-Bird emblems
- Unique factory triple vin stampings on cowl and tow plate mounting holes
- A updated factory style radio with USB connectivity
Partially used as a salve for a nation still mourning President John Kennedy, the World’s Fair opened in New York during the spring of 1964. With help from Walt Disney, Ford Motor Corporation produced one of the exhibits, a “Magic Skyway.”
MotoeXotica Classic Cars is proud to present one of the cars that took visitors through it — this particular 1964 Ford Thunderbird was built number as 73 off the line for the 1964 World’s Fair Magic Skyway exhibit.
Location: Fenton, Missouri, United States
Price: Auction <- check here if it's still available
More info: Full listing and Contact details
Originally listed on September 23, 2020. Note that older listings are displayed for reference and will most probably not be available.